Customer Portfolios is a rapidly growing, multi-channel marketing technology company located in Boston’s Seaport District. Since 2001, Customer Portfolios has delivered incremental revenue through lifecycle marketing with analysis and strategy driven by data. Customer Portfolios works with retail brands such as J&M, Journeys, New Balance, Subway, Burton, and others. They are data experts and analytical strategists. They have the ability to bring together data from throughout a business to create dramatic insight about customers, behavior, and opportunities. CP works to drive impressive, measureable revenue results thru increasing the engagement and value of our client’s customers.
Customer Portfolios is seeking a Business Development Manager who will help with the growth of our client base. In this role, you will be responsible for generating sales leads for the Business Development team. This position will be working under the VP of Business Development, learning the best practice methodologies/techniques for “getting in the door”, as well as helping to implement the infrastructure (systems, methodologies) to support a scalable sales engine from the ground floor. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is interested in starting, or trying to further develop, a career in Enterprise Sales. Customer Portfolios boasts an exceptional benefits package including a generous medical benefit, parking on site, MTBA silver line access, and much more.
- Professional Experience: 0 - 2 years in sales/customer service. Experience with warm/cold calling techniques a plus.
- Attitude: Outgoing, people oriented, creative, resourceful, charismatic, commanding presence, organizationally savvy
- Results Oriented: Proven ability to achieve and exceed personal and professional goals
- Empathetic Sales Style: Good listening / probing skills
- Strong Communications Skills: High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Tools: Experienced in Salesforce.com (but not required) and navigating social networks such as Linkedin.
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor's Degree required.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Set meetings and help define and implement a repeatable sales process.
- Identify qualified prospects through research such as ZoomInfo, Linked In, company web sites, securities filings, recent news articles, and any other sources.
- Secure telephone or face-to-face sales meetings for the Business Development team through email and telephone calls and by navigating through prospect organizations.
- Enter all prospect interactions in Salesforce to accurately record customer conversations, category analysis, in a structured manner that is re-usable sales intelligence.
- Develop a good understanding of Customer Portfolios’ offerings, in order to succinctly articulate the value proposition and overcome objections.
- Participate in the creation of a repeatable sales engine by helping design and implement a structured methodology, with reportable dashboard metrics, to measure effectiveness and accountability, understand key market segments, and ultimately build out the team.